In Introduction to NMR Spectroscopy, you had learned about chemical shift. You will learn more details about chemical shifts in this part.
1. Students understand theory of chemical shift.
2. Students understand and can explain shielding and deshielding effects correctly.
3. Students understand and can explain effects of some factors that affecting chemical shifts.
4. Students understand and can explain magnetically and non-magnetically equivalent protons.
There are 4 subtitles of Chemical Shift;
3.1 Theory of Chemical Shifts
3.2 Factors Influencing the Chemical Shift
3.3 Magnetically and Non-Magnetically Equivalent Protons
3.4 Chemical Shift Problems
1. What are sheiding and deshielding effects and how do they affect chemical shifts?
2. What are the factors that affect the chemical shifts?
3. What are the differences between chemical equivalent and magnetic equivalent?